Troubleshoot your stairlift
If you still have a warranty or if you have run out don’t worry we may still be able to help.
In an event that you experience a problem with your stairlift, you will find that sometimes the issue is simply that you can resolve it yourself without the need to wait for an engineer to come to see you.
You could resolve the issue straight away.
My stairlift will not move and the power light is off
Check if the switch is on or off, usually located on the arm is positioned on.
My stairlift will not move and the power light is on
It may be one of the safety sensors. Try these:
- Check that the chair is fully swivelled back to its travelling position and that the swivel levers are in the correct position.
- Check whether there is anything obstructing the safety edges.
- If there is move the stairlift in the opposite direction, remove the obstruction and then you can continue your journey.
- If you have a hinged rail ensure the rails is fully lowered and locked in position.
- If your stairlift still does not move:
- Turn the power key to the off position and then back on.
- Move and hold the control in the direction of travel for a few seconds after which the stairlift should start.
- If the stairlift still doesn’t work at this point contact us.
My stairlift is beeping
Your stairlift will beep if the battery is not being charged.
- Check the wall switch is on.
- Check that the power has not tripped.
- Check the stairlift is parked correctly at the top or bottom of the stairs.
- If you have checked these things and your stairlift continues to beep switch your stairlift off and call us.
My remote control doesn't work
Check and replace the batteries if necessary.
My automatic swivel doesn't work
Call us. Use the manual swivel levers under the seat in the meantime. We’ll get there soon.
My hinge or retractable rail doesn't work
Call us. If the rail is causing an obstruction you can raise the rail manually by grasping the underside of the rail. (depending on the model and brand. Call us for advice and guidance).
- Remember if you are home alone we always recommend that you carry a mobile phone so you can alert others if you need help.
- Keep your local branch or supplier number handy or saved in your phone for emergencies.
- It's always a good idea to ask someone else to be around to help you troubleshoot.
- If your stairlift stops on the stairs, it's best to stay seated and see if you can restart it or summon some assistance. If you have to get off make sure you can do so safely, take it slowly and ideally have someone to help you.
Contact The Support Team
If you’re unable to find the answer you are looking for here, get in touch with the service and repairs team who will be able to assist further and if necessary arrange for an engineer to visit.